Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 1
Adobe® InDesign®CS6 offers tools to customize, style, and format professional-looking page layouts and designs. The program has all the tools necessary to format pages of uniform text, create layouts with alternate size configurations, and customize text and graphics.
Who benefits from Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 1?
- Anyone in charge of marketing, graphic design, or visual communications who wishes to use InDesign to create professional-looking visual media
- Anyone who has or wishes to have marketing or design responsibilities and wants to master the InDesign program
- Anyone who wishes to learn how to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layouts and designs
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the elements of the InDesign interface
- Create a new document
- Customize a document by using graphics, colors, and styles
- Manage page elements
- Build a table
- Prepare a document for delivery
After this course, students will be prepared to move on to Adobe® InDesign® CS6 Level 2.
WIOA Approved Training Course
Getting Started with InDesign
- Identify Components of the InDesign Interface
- Customize the InDesign Interface
- Use the Navigation Controls
- Set Preferences
Designing a Document
- Create a New Document
- Add Text to a Document
- Add Graphics to a Document
Customizing a Document
- Format Characters and Paragraphs
- Apply Colors, Swatches, and Gradients
- Create and Apply Styles
Working with Page Elements
- Arrange and Align Objects
- Use Layers
- Transform and Manipulate Objects
- Thread Text Frames
- Edit Text
- Create a New Table
- Modify a Table Structure
- Format a Table
Preparing a Document for Delivery
- Resolve Errors in a Document
- Print a Document
- Package a Document
- Export Files for Printing
- Export Files for the Web
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.