CCNA - Security
CCNA-Security Certification Meets the Needs of IT Professionals Who Are Responsible For Network Security
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
Who benefits from CCNA-Security certification?
Anyone who completed CCNA-Routing and Switching and wishes to enter the network security field
Anyone looking to acquire roles such as Network Security Specialist, Security Administrator, and Network Security Support Engineer
- Anyone looking to stay competitive and advance their career by gaining knowledge and certification
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand core security technologies.
- Develop a security infrastructure.
- Recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks.
- Mitigate security threats.
1. Exclusive - NAT and PAT
- Basics of NAT and PAT
- Configuring NAT and PAT
- Maintaining NAT and PAT
- Advanced Concepts in NAT and PAT
2. Introduction to Network Security Principles
- Network Security Fundamentals
- Network Attack Methodologies
- Operations Security
- Security Policy
- Building Cisco Self-Defending Networks
- Cryptographic Services
- Symmetric Encryption
- Cryptographic Hashes and Digital Signatures
- Asymmetric Encryption and PKI
3. Perimeter Security
- Securing Administrative Access to Cisco Routers
- Cisco SDM
- Configuring AAA on a Cisco Router Using the Local Database
- Configuring AAA on a Cisco Router to Use Cisco Secure ACS
- Implementing Secure Management and Reporting
- Locking Down the Router
4. Network Security Using Cisco IOS Firewalls
- Firewall Technologies
- Creating Static Packet Filters Using ACLs
- Configuring Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewall
5. Site-to-Site VPNs
- IPsec Fundamentals
- Building a Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Configuring IPsec on a Site-to-Site VPN Using Cisco SDM
- Exclusive - IPsec over GRE
6. Network Security Using Cisco IOS IPS
- IPS Technologies
- Configuring Cisco IOS IPS Using Cisco SDM
7. LAN, SAN, Voice, and Endpoint Security Overview
- Endpoint Security
- SAN Security
- Voice Security
- Mitigating Layer 2 Attacks
Any valid Cisco CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching, or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.