MCSA: 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases (20461D)
This 5-day instructor led course is part of the MCSA SQL Server certification track. It provides students with the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2014. This course is the foundation for all SQL Server-related disciplines, namely, Database Administration, Database Development and Business Intelligence. This course prepares students for exam 70-461.
MicroTrain offers Microsoft Certified instructors, in-classroom lessons and labs, supplemental training and study materials, and the MicroTrain Exam Pass Guarantee.
Who benefits from this course?
- Anyone pursuing MCSA SQL Server certification
- Anyone interested in learning the new features and data capabilities of SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014
- Any Database Administrators, Database Developers, and Business Intelligence professionals who wish to sharpen their skillset
- Anyone responsible for report writing, business analysis and client application development
- Working knowledge if relational databases
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the basic architecture and concepts of Microsoft SQL Server 2014.
- Understand the similarities and differences between Transact-SQL and other computer languages
- Write Transact-SQL queries using the SELECT statement
- Query multiple tables
- Limit the rows that queries return and control the order in which the rows are displayed
- Describe SQL Server 2014 data types
- Use Transact-SQL functions
- Aggregate data using Transact-SQL
- Nest Transact-SQL queries using subqueries
- Describe and implement table expressions
- Compare rows between two input sets
- Write queries that use window functions
- Use the PIVOT operator to change the orientation of data
- Create and execute stored procedures
- Enhance your T-SQL code with programming elements
- Implement error handling and transactions in Transact-SQL
- Describe techniques to improve query performance
- Query SQL Server metadata
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
Exam Pass Guarantee
At Microtrain we are committed to your success! Let us show you the return you get from great tech training. We will personally guarantee that if you take our class and follow our program you will be successfully certified!
Raves & Praise
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.