Amazon AWS - Certified Big Data - Specialty
Big Data on AWS introduces you to cloud-based big data solutions such as Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Amazon Redshift, Amazon Kinesis and the rest of the AWS big data platform. In this course, we show you how to use Amazon EMR to process data using the broad ecosystem of Hadoop tools like Hive and Hue. We also teach you how to create big data environments, work with Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon QuickSight, Amazon Athena and Amazon Kinesis, and leverage best practices to design big data environments for security and cost-effectiveness.
About this Course
- Apache Hadoop in the context of Amazon EMR
- The architecture of an Amazon EMR cluster
- Launch an Amazon EMR cluster using an appropriate Amazon Machine Image and Amazon EC2 instance types
- Appropriate AWS data storage options for use with Amazon EMR
- Ingesting, transferring, and compressing data for use with Amazon EMR
- Use common programming frameworks available for Amazon EMR including Hive, Pig, and Streaming
- Work with Amazon Redshift to implement a big data solution
- Leverage big data visualization software
- Appropriate security options for Amazon EMR and your data
- Perform in-memory data analysis with Spark and Shark on Amazon EMR
- Options to manage your Amazon EMR environment cost-effectively
- Benefits of using Amazon Kinesis for big data
- Overview of Big Data
- Data Ingestion, Transfer, and Compression
- AWS Data Storage Options
- Using DynamoDB with Amazon EMR
- Using Kinesis for Near Real-Time Big Data Processing
- Introduction to Apache Hadoop and Amazon EMR
- Using Amazon Elastic MapReduce
- The Hadoop Ecosystem
- Using Hive for Advertising Analytics
- Using Streaming for Life Sciences Analytics
- Using Hue with Amazon EMR
- Running Pig Scripts with Hue on Amazon EMR
- Spark on Amazon EMR
- Running Spark and Spark SQL Interactively on Amazon EMR
- Using Spark and Spark SQL for In-Memory Analytics
- Managing Amazon EMR Costs
- Securing your Amazon EMR Deployments
- Data Warehouses and Columnar Datastores
- Introduction to Amazon Redshift
- Optimizing Your Amazon Redshift Environment
- The Big Data Ecosystem on AWS
- Visualizing and Orchestrating Big Data
- Using Tibco Spotfire to Visualize Big Data
It's highly recommended that one earns their AWS Cloud Practioner or any other AWS certification.
AWS Exam: AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.