Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2010: Level 1
As organizations begin to rely on more forms of technology and media to complete tasks, software is adapting to accommodate and support these team efforts. Microsoft SharePoint synchronizes all office communications and multimedia into one place so that teams can complete projects more smoothly. This ILT Series course is rated 4.9 out of 5.0 in overall quality by ProCert Labs and teaches the core features and functions of SharePoint Designer 2010.
Who benefits from SharePoint Level 1?
- Anyone who wishes to learn basic web design
- Any web designers or solution developers who want to learn to create, customize, and manage SharePoint sites
- Any web designers or solution developers who wish to create dynamic pages using Web Parts and workflows
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Use, create and edit content in a team site.
- Create and perform basic management of a team site.
- Identify basic functions of collaboration technology and Microsoft SharePoint foundation 2010 team sites.
- Add and modify list items and work with list views.
- Add, edit, and share documents across libraries and wikis.
- Communicate and collaborate with team members.
- Work remotely with SharePoint content.
- Customize your SharePoint environment.
After this course, students will move on to Level 2 to continue certification.
WIOA Approved Training Course
Getting Started with the SharePoint Designer Environment
- Identify SharePoint Designer Interface Components
- Get Help in SharePoint Designer
- Customize the SharePoint Designer Interface
Creating a Subsite
- Create a Blank Subsite
- Create a Page Layout
- Add Content to a Master Page
Adding Content to the Site
- Add and Format Text
- Work with Tables
- Work with Images
Formatting a Site with Cascading Style Sheets
- Create an External Style Sheet
- Create Internal Styles
- Modify External Style Sheets
Linking Web Pages
- Add Hyperlinks
- Create a Hotspot
- Create Bookmark Links
- Open a Linked Page in a New Browser Window
Adding SharePoint Components to the Site
- Add Lists and Libraries to the Site
- Add Web Parts to a Site
Automating Business Processes with Workflows
- Create a Workflow
- Modify a Workflow
Students should have taken the Microsoft® Windows® SharePoint® Services 3.0: Level 1 course or have an equivalent knowledge. Recommended, though not required, are the following courses: * Microsoft® Windows® SharePoint® Services 3.0: Level 2 * Cascading Style Sheets (Third Edition)
The instructor [Al Khalfan] was very knowledgeable in the field. He presented the materials and concepts with a professional touch. He also frequently adds humor to his teachings, which made it easier for me to understand. The support staff was all nice, gentle, caring, and very helpful. The materials, rooms and amenities were excellent and exceeded expected standards.
A Cisco Success Story
I attended a resume writing seminar & conducted mock phone interviews with a Microtrain career counselor. These two activities gave me a leg up on distinguishing myself from all the other people looking for work. Since the career counselor's at Microtrain had a track record of getting people hired, their insight and positive past experiences helped me tremendously in getting hired with a Cisco Voice Systems Integrator in the Chicago area. I was hired as a Cisco Voice Tech Engineer with a starting salary of $65,000 / year with a Cisco voice systems reseller located in the Chicagoland area. Microtrain was very instramental in making this a reality. From expediting my WIA grant, to providing excellent hands-on training from knowledgable instructors I was able to achieve becoming certified with my CCNP. Microtrain's career services was the final catalyst in connecting me with this company by communicating with them on my behalf and with me in setting up the interview. One week later and I was hired. No joke. Thanks Microtrain!
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.