Microsoft SharePoint Foundations Level 1
Microsoft SharePoint Foundations Level 1 is designed for students who need to learn how to navigate and add content to a website using SharePoint. This course assumes you are familiar with personal computers and have experience using Windows 7. During this course, you'll learn how to navigate and contribute to a Team Website.
Who benefits from Microsoft SharePoint Foundations Level 1?
- Anyone who has been assigned Contribute permissions to a SharePint Foundations Team Website and needs to learn how to navigate and add content to the site
About this Course
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate a SharePoint Foundation 2010 Team Website.
- Work with SharePoint Foundation lists (announcement, calendar, link, task, and contact lists).
- Use SharePoint Foundation libraries (document, picture, wiki page, asset, and form libraries).
- Communicate and share opinions with other team members by using discussion boards, surveys, and blogs.
- Change views and create personal views.
- Modify personal SharePoint user information and set notifications on content.
- SharePoint Foundation sites
- Link lists
- Task lists
- Deleting list items
- Document libraries
- Picture libraries
- Wiki pages
- Asset libraries
- Form libraries
- Discussion boards
- Blog pages
- Page views
- Personal views
Account information and notifications
- Personal and regional settings
- RSS feeds
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
Student Employment Success - Project/Process Manager
My Career Services Manager was very friendly and helpful and had excellent follow-up. She seemed to really care how things were going and kept me moving in the right direction. The resources available in job search were great and the visibility that there were jobs out there looking for my skillset was promising. Additionally, the training, as well as having an updated resume stating the Microtrain course work I had taken made me feel more confident and marketable as I looked for employment. It showed that I was dedicated and took project management and process management seriously.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.