Tableau Desktop Specialist
Don't be at risk of being left behind! Get ahead of the curve and develop data analytics, interpretation, and visualization skills. Become more competitive and meet the needs of data-driven enterprises.
Advanced analytics is a critical component of modern business intelligence (BI). With companies relying on automation, artificial intelligence (AI), natural language processing (NLP), and machine learning to create breakthrough opportunities. Tableau is a leader in modern analytics and business intelligence (BI) platforms and is the gold standard language for business users and analytics professionals. The rise of big data and the acceleration of digital technologies are redefining jobs and reshaping business practices across industries. Gartner, the leading research and advisory company, predicts by 2021, analytics and BI adoption will increase to over 50% of an organization's employees.
Tableau is one of the fastest-growing, in-demand skills, and MicroTrain is pleased to offer Tableau Desktop Level 1 for the Specialist Certification course. Since 1999, MicroTrain has helped thousands of clients get the training they need to take the next steps in their careers. MicroTrain offers training at convenient locations in Chicago, Lombard, and Deerfield.
Who Benefits from Tableau Training?
- Anyone who works with data to make business decisions
- Project Managers looking to increase their earning potential
- Anyone looking to gain new analytical skills and become more competitive in the job market
- Anyone who works for an organization that has already adopted or is moving to self-service analytics tools using data to make quicker and more informed decisions
About this Course
Over the course of two days, you will leverage the full power of Tableau Desktop across multiple industry use cases. Sample data will include the application of Tableau Desktop to Sales, Marketing, Retail, Healthcare, HR, Finance, and more. Course topics reflect suggested content to master for the Tableau Desktop Specialist certification.
This course will be taught using the latest version of Tableau available at the time of training. Course registration fee includes course textbook, a supplemental manual for notes, and Tableau practice exams.
- Quick Reference: Tableau 101
- Visualizing Time
- Getting Started with Tableau Desktop®
- Instant Analytics
- Connecting to Data
- Choosing the Right Chart
- Constructing Your First Visualization
- Using Data from Multiple Tables: Joins
- Applying Sorts
- Using Data from Multiple Tables: Unions
- Limiting Data with Filters
- Multiple Measure Visualizations
- Tracking Data with Sets
- Calculated Fields
- Classifying Data with Groups
- Passing Control with Parameters
- Custom Hierarchies
- Table Calculations
- Geographic Maps
- Sharing Your Findings via Dashboards
Create a Tableau account and complete the 'Tableau Data Literacy for All' eLearning course series, including five hours of self-paced training. Learn data skills fundamentals in 7 ready-made courses focusing on: data collection and structure, field and variable types, statistical thinking, correlation and regression, and visualizing data.
To access Tableau's data literacy course series and start learning:
1. Go to: http://elearning-samples.tableau.com/page/data-literacy 2. Select 'Sign in' to your Tableau account or 'Create an Account.'
To get the most out of this training, it would be best to know the following:
- Basic computer skills (PC/Windows)
- Familiarity with various mouse controls (Left click, Right click, Drag & Drop…)
- Exposure to structured data (Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, CSV, Text Table…)
- Awareness of basic chart types (Bar chart, Time Series, Scatterplot…)
Exam: Tableau Desktop Specialist
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Scott Wilson - Team Bradley
Employer Partner Feedback
Dawn has been a pleasure to work with. She is diligent in her efforts to give MicroTrain’s students the best opportunities to connect and network with various companies and players in the job market. The curriculums and certification programs are in line with today’s current IT needs. It’s good to see that they evolve with what employers are most seeking out there. I would recommend to any employer that hires skilled IT workers that they look into MicroTrain’s career services department as a potential source of candidates. The business of hiring can be quite costly, and Dawn and her staff provide a free service to outside companies. This value-add for MicroTrain’s students aligns with their mission in both training and job assistance to set up a win/win scenario for all involved.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
Very thorough, good mix of lecture and lab work. Al is great! Keeps classes interesting and supplements required test material with need-to-know items from real world experience.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.