Web Development Fundamentals
Web developers are in high demand, and the job market for them is growing rapidly. The rapid growth of the internet and the increasing importance of online presence for businesses and organizations have led to a significant increase in demand for web developers. Additionally, as technology advances, the need for skilled web developers who can create and maintain websites and web applications will only continue to grow.
MicroTrain is pleased to offer a self-paced training course in web development fundamentals. Web development is a constantly evolving field, with new technologies and frameworks always emerging. By learning the foundations of web development, you can stay up to date with the latest trends and tools and continue to grow and develop your skills over time.
Who Benefits from Web Development Fundamentals Training?
- Aspiring developers: Individuals interested in pursuing a career in full-stack web development can benefit from learning the foundation of web development as it provides a solid foundation for building websites and mobile applications.
- Professionals in related fields such as marketing, design, and IT who want to enhance their knowledge of web development.
- Anyone looking to gain new skills regardless of their current profession.
About this Course
The course includes three types of materials: talk-throughs, challenges, and projects. Talk-throughs are a great way to learn one concept at a time through short, interactive videos that include code and output. Challenges help assess understanding and are accompanied by instructions and hint codes for each step. Projects allow you to get creative and are peer-evaluated. To help with retention, review articles are also available. There are a total of 69 talk-throughs, 55 challenges, and 13 projects, which translates to around 50 hours of content. The talk-throughs are approximately 6 minutes each, the challenges take around 5 minutes each, and the projects take anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes to complete.
Overall, the MicroTrain Web Development Fundamentals course is an excellent way to learn coding and programming concepts. The self-paced nature of the course, coupled with the interactive learning materials, make it an ideal choice for anyone looking to learn at their own pace. And with a community forum and peer-evaluated projects, you'll have ample opportunities to connect with other learners and put your newfound skills to the test.
Module 1: Introduction to Programming
- Understanding what programming is
- Setting up a development environment
- Variables and data types
- Operators and expressions
- Conditional statements
Module 3: Functions and Objects
- Defining and calling functions
- Parameters and return values
- Object-oriented programming basics
- Creating and manipulating objects
Module 4: Arrays and Data Structures
- Working with arrays
- Creating and manipulating arrays
- Understanding data structures like stacks and queues
Module 5: Web Development Basics
- HTML and CSS basics
- Understanding how the web works
- Creating and styling web pages
- To successfully complete the four-week course, it's crucial to commit to the program fully. It's advisable to seek the support of your friends and family to ensure you have sufficient time and resources available for the course.
PMP Certification Training, 2008
Great training facility. Great instructors. Great experience.
PMP Certification Training, Lombard, 2008
I was laid off for many months and not really getting many callbacks for my resume and no job offers. After I put the letters PMP on it, not only did I see an increase in quantity, but also quality of interviews. I had been spinning my wheels for 5 months, and after the PMP went on, I had 2 job offers in 6 weeks. It really was the "golden ticket"
Microtrain presents the course material in an interesting and concise manner. Microtrain gives the student all the resources necessary to pass the certification exams. Both the Chicago and Lombard facilities were excellent, and the staff goes to any length to accommodate any student changes.
Great class, loved the interaction and team-building exercises. Plenty of materials and learning tools supplied. Although it was a full week's class, never boring. Donna [Russell] was awesome and gave many supporting examples for better understanding.
PMP Certification Training, November 2008
Thanks Microtrain for conducting a great PMP course that set me on a successful path to obtain my PMP certification. I have passed the test!
Connect with MicroTrain
Begin building a successful long-term career pathway.